V.Ye. Lashkaryov Institute of Semiconductor Physics (ISP), NAS of Ukraine, was founded in 1960 on the basis of several departments and laboratories of the Institute of Physics of the Academy of Sciences of UkrSSR pursuant to the Decree of the Council of Ministers of UkrSSR from 3 September, 1960, №1449 “On organization of the Institute of Semiconductors within the Academy of Sciences of UkrSSR” and the corresponding resolution of the Presidium of National Academy of UkrSSR from 7 October, 1960.
The determinative factor was as follows: at that time, two scientific schools were at the Institute of Physics, and they were working in the area of physics of non-equilibrium processes in semiconductors and theory of semiconductors. These schools were headed by Prof. V.Ye. Lashkaryov, Academician of the Academy of Sciences of UkrSSR and Doctor of Sciences (Phys&Math), Prof. S.I. Pekar, respectively. Among the instituted by NASU prizes named after prominent Ukrainian scientists, there are, in particular, Lashkaryov and Pekar Prizes.
A significant contribution to foundation and organization of further activity of the Institute was made by the first heads of the research departments and laboratories established in 1960-1961: Dr of Sci (Phys&Math) M.F. Deigen, Cand of Sci (Phys&Math) M.P. Lysytsa, Dr of Sci (Phys&Math). Prof. V.I. Lyashenko, Cand of Sci (Chem) I.B. Mizetskaya, Cand of Sci (Phys&Math) O.G. Miselyuk, Cand of Sci (Phys&Math) L.I. Dacenko, Cand of Sci (Phys&Math) E.I. Rashba, Cand of Sci (Tech) S.V. Svechnikov, Cand of Sci (Phys&Math) O.V. Snitko, Cand of Sci (Phys&Math) G.A. Fedorus.
The Institute gained the name by V.Ye. Lashkaryov according to the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 714-r from 25.12. 2002 and the respective resolution of NASU № 6 from 04.02.2003. Read more...
PhD and PostDoc studies
Directions of scientific activity
- Physics of interaction processes between electromagnetic radiation and matter;
- Physics of low-dimensional systems, micro- and nano-electronics;
- Optoelectronics and solar power engineering;
- Semiconductor materials science and sensor systems.
- Division of optoelectronics
- Division of theoretical physics
- Division of semiconductor optics
- Division of photoelectronics
- Division of surface physics and microelectronics
- Division of structural element analysis of semiconductor materials and systems
- Division of physical and technological problems of semiconductor IR-techniques
- Division of technologies and materials of sensor techniques
International scientific journal "Semiconductor Physics, Quantum Electronics and Optoelectronics" is published quarterly. Journal is indexed in 32 scientometric databases and included to the List of scientific professional journals of Ukraine. Read more.
Institute publications during 2011-2015 years